Handmade Christmas Card Idea
This is another easy to make Christmas Card. I only used a very nice pattern paper, mat it over brown and white cardstock and finally, paste the whole design over the cream card base. I just want to emphasize on the way I stamped the greeting “Merry Christmas” and this is also another way you can salvage any scrap paper you may have.
- 1 dark cream cardstock for card base
- 1 brown cardstock for matting
- 1 white cardstock for matting and remainder to be used for stamping the greeting “Merry Christmas”
- Christmas themed pattern paper or something of your choice. Notice that I didn’t use the conventional green, red, gold color combination for Christmas again.
- Foam tape
- Glue/Glue Dots
- “Merry Christmas” stamp from MSE (My Sentiments Exactly)
How To Instructions
- Stamp “Merry Christmas” on the pattern paper
- Stamp “Merry Christmas” on white cardstock and cut the image into even rectangular shape
- Alternate stamped white cardstock over the greeting stamped on the pattern paper, making sure that the greeting is properly aligned showing “Merry Christmas”.
- Mat pattern paper over white cardstock, leaving an even border around it showing the white cardstock
- Mat over brown cardstock, leaving an even border around it showing the brown cardstock
- Paste the whole design over cream cardstock
I hope you like this simple to make Christmas Card Idea. This is just to showcase how you can actually use the scraps you have accumulated from your past projects and it can still be handy in making a unique design.
For designs can be found at the Christmas cards idea gallery.