Handmade Window Birthday Card
One thing about handmade cards is the flexibility to personalize it the way you want.
- 1 set of cream card and matching envelope.
- 1 Basic Grey Arabella pattern paper.
- 1 green ribbon approximately 1.3cm thick.
- Glue/foam tape/glue dots.
- Penny Black 2908F To You Woodmounted stamp (shown below).
- Versacolor Green Tea pigment ink.
- Versafine Olympia Green Pigment ink.
- Clear embossing powder.
- My Sentiments Exactly (MSE) TT212 Paris Lower Case Alphabet Clear Stamps (shown below).
- Memory Box CL126 Bugs & Blooms (shown below).
- Non stick craft scissors by EK Success Honey Bee (shown below).
How To Instructions
- Stamp the background of the card using Memory Box CL126 Clear Stamp, with Versacolor Green Tea Pigment Ink. I didn’t emboss, so make sure it’s dry thoroughly (you may use heat gun to quicken the drying).
- Measure and draw a square for the window, dimension is flexible based on how much you want to reveal in the inside of the card.
- Carefully trim the square out to form the window.
- Cut the pattern paper to make the frame. You can easily place the pattern paper below the window and trace the window dimension onto the pattern paper. Cut out the traced dimension and this will ensure the frame fits the card window perfectly.
- Stamp the sentiment/message inside the card using versafine Olympia Green, emboss with clear embossing powder and set it using heat gun.
- Stamp the name on the outside of the card using Versafine Olympia Green, emboss with clear embossing powder and set it using heat gun.
- Tie ribbon on the left, making sure the loose end can be nicely covered by the frame later.
- Loop ribbon on the right and tie a bow at the right end of the card.
- Place frame over the card window using foam tape for added dimension, ensure ribbon loose end is nicely hidden behind the frame.
You can easily cut the window with Quickutz but if you do own one, just trace the window out and cut with craft scissors.
Hope you like this design. For other birthday cards, visit here.